Saturday, December 12, 2009

Unwrapped

I love the show "Unwrapped" on the Foodnetwork. I have watched the show for years. It is an easy retreat from all of the other shows that we subject ourselves to usually on a daily basis. Reality shows--cooking, dancing, singing, racing, fishing, truck driving, fire fighting, crime fighting...............you name it, it's out there. Then there are the crime shows--enough said. Then there is the news.....it goes on and on. When I turn on Unwrapped, I get an hour of entertainment. An hour of Marc Summers, getting older and more gray, but still a pleasure to watch. Marc can make something as simple as a cracker seem magical. I love learning how candy canes get their stripes............How PEZ characters are chosen and what flavors of Jelly Belly Beans flopped. I love the history of the companies that manufacture our favorite candies. The other thing I love to watch are the machines that are used to accomplish the task. Who on earth comes up with some of this stuff? Right now they are showing a company that makes gingerbread houses. What a cool job.........
My point is, with so many shows on tv that are so full of reality, the reality of learning where Harry and David came up with their cheesecake flavors somehow relaxes me................
Maybe someday someone will come up with the Good News Network. The Foodnetwork is close.................but I am sure that there is alot more good news out there to be had....................

No comments:

Post a Comment