Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Decisions, decisions.

So here I sit, trying to decide what to do for Thanksgiving....
It's not that I have too many invites and can't decide what to do
It's just that the options have presented themselves to me in a way
that I want to sit and do nothing.............
There's option A---Brunch with Jim (my sig other), daughter Emily
and her fiancee Steve. Steve works at noon, so if we choose option A
he could join us............
Option B----Make a small quiet dinner. In atttendance would be Jim
Emily, my Mom (she doesn't like brunch......) and the plethora of dogs
and cats that allow us to live with them. Come to think of it they would
attend the brunch as well. And let's not forget Wallace, the beta that sits
patiently on the kitchen counter watching me bake, cook, brew, chop and
grill my way into Jim's heart.
Option C---MARGARITAVILLE Myrtle Beach. Parrotheads would jump
in the Ram and chow down to the Island Tunes at Broadway at the Beach
A mere 3 hour drive, and we could undulge in some early shopping at the
gift shop as well as have a Buffett style Thanksgiving watching the big blender
blend the perfect Margarita...................
I am not good at decisions...........not that any of these are any more appealing
or torurous than the other, it's just that I am not good at making decisions that
involve the comfort and happiness of the people I love. They will all do any of
them (except mom and brunch, I got nothing on that)
So what to do???????
I am going to put this out in the great void of cyberspace and see what I get back.
Happy Thanksgiving........I am thankful that I have the opportunity to have these
choices............but damn, I still can't decide what to do......................

2 comments:

  1. Hi Patti!

    Wanted to stop by and say thank you for dropping by my blog earlier - it was so nice meeting you.

    Well...I vote for option B. I enjoy smaller quiet dinners rather than huge family gatherings. Of course, I come from a HUGE and LOUD Italian family, so many that's why.

    HA!

    Wishing you and your family the BESTEST Thanksgiving Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Ron
    I opted for option B
    Brined turkey (I was a brine virgin,now I'm hooked....)
    mashed potatoes beans stuffing cranberry sauce
    I did gussy it up with an apple-cranberry crunch, a traditional holiday dish I LOVE
    sig other, daughter mom
    It was quiet, relaxing and very good.........
    Hope yours was the same!

    ReplyDelete