Saturday, November 21, 2009

Magazines

I love magazines. I love all types of magazines. National Geographic, Real Simple, InStyle, Our State. I subscribe to some and buy the others. The thrill of opening the mailbox and seeing my new publication waiting for me to unwrap it from it's plastic cover never fails me. I love reading the last page first. Most magazines have a little something special saved for the very end. Kind of like a little sweet something right before you go to bed. I love to sit and read a magazine like a book. I don't like to browse through it haphazardly. I won't open it until I have the time to spend perusing through the pages. It is only after I go from cover to cover that I decide what to read first. Sometimes I wait, for days, until the time is right.
Holiday magazines are the best. I find inspiration galore, from shopping to cooking to just appreciating a simple story. It is a gift in itself.
That being said, I love books as well,
but we'll save that for another day

No comments:

Post a Comment